AT&T Inc. and Nokia announced the availability of the Nokia 6650, a stylish and innovative mobile device featuring the Symbian-based S60 platform. This small fold device is powered by the nation's fastest 3G network and is styled to help you navigate where you want to go -- with a dedicated menu key for AT&T Navigator. The Nokia 6650 also features a broad range of other AT&T mobile services, including AT&T Video Share(SM) and AT&T Mobile Music.
Designed with premium materials and customizable illumination, the stylish Nokia 6650 will be available to AT&T customers beginning Nov. 14 in red and silver, colors fit for the holiday season. The device's S60 platform enables users to truly personalize their mobile experience, providing access to third- party application downloads, themes and profile settings.
"AT&T's reputation of offering the best and broadest choice of mobile phones is strengthened with the addition of the Nokia 6650," said Carlton Hill, vice president of Consumer Devices and Product Development for AT&T's Mobility and Consumer Markets. "Adding another Symbian-based device to our lineup underscores our commitment to customer choice."
The Nokia 6650 gives you access to tens of thousands of applications for anything from gaming to productivity -- so you can make your device truly personal. S60 also has the most expansive set of developer languages available, so running out of personalization choices isn't an option.
The nation's fastest 3G network from AT&T covers more than 325 major metropolitan areas and works seamlessly with the Nokia 6650, resulting in crisp and clear conversations and fast Internet browsing. The device offers up to four hours of talk time.
Developed in Nokia's San Diego-based product creation center, the Nokia 6650 offers a host of great multimedia and entertainment features, including:
* 2.0 megapixel camera -- Integrated flash that allows customers to capture quality photos
* Brushed metal fold design -- Features a sharp 2.2-inch display with QVGA (16 million colors) resolution
* AT&T Navigator -- A dedicated key allows customers to access AT&T Navigator with a click of a button
* AT&T Video Share -- The first-ever service in the U.S. that allows users to share live video over wireless devices while participating in a voice call
* AT&T Mobile Music -- Customers can listen and download their favorite music from Napster, eMusic, XM Radio and more wirelessly over the air
"Nokia created this device for the thriving consumer appetite for navigation, multimedia and entertainment essentials in one stylish, affordable package," said Ian Laing, Vice President, Sales, Nokia Inc. "We are excited to introduce this device, built on the most open and mature mobile platform in the world, to AT&T. It is great to continue delivering upon our existing collaboration, further cemented by AT&T's board seat on the Symbian Foundation."
The Nokia 6650 becomes a terrific portable entertainment device with external audio playback keys. The Nokia 6650 features external soft keys and a 1.36-inch display that allows customers to capture quality photos, control music and change profile settings without ever having to open their device.
Pricing and Availability
The Nokia 6650 will be available from AT&T retail stores nationwide beginning Nov. 14 for $69.99(1) with a two-year service agreement. For the complete array of AT&T offerings, visit http://www.att.com.
(1) For the Nokia 6650, pay $119.99 and, after mail-in rebate, receive $50 AT&T promotion card. A two-year service agreement is also required. AT&T promotion card valid wherever major credit cards are accepted and for 120 days after issue date. May be used to pay wireless bill. Not redeemable for cash and cannot be used for cash withdrawal at ATMs or at automated gas pumps.