Nokia have teamed up with leading women's e-zine Handbag.com to undertake a survey(i) among a cross section of 18-30 year old women in order to find out just how important a part mobile phones play in their lives:
OF THOSE INTERVIEWED, MORE PEOPLE WOULD BE UPSET ABOUT LOSING THEIR PHONES THAN THEY WOULD THEIR LAP TOPS, DIARIES AND EVEN THEIR CAR...........
- Mobile phone and contents - 39%
- Car and contents - 33%
- Laptop computer and contents - 27%
- Diary - 7%
WHEN IT COMES TO NOSING THROUGH OTHER PEOPLE'S TEXT MESSAGES ALMOST HALF OF THOSE ASKED WOULD GO THOUGH THE TEXT MESSAGES AND PHOTOS OF SOMEBODY ELSE'S PHONE IF THEY FOUND IT........
- Those who'd read the text messages - 49%
- Those who'd go through the photos - 45%
THIS YEAR'S NEW NATIONAL TREASURE AND 'X FACTOR' JUDGE CHERYL COLE TOPS THE POLL OF CELEBRITIES THAT THOSE QUESTIONED WOULD LIKE TO HAVE A LOOK THROUGH THE PHONE OF..........
- Cheryl Cole - 25%
- Victoria Beckham - 20%
- Comeback Queen Britney - 10%
A SIGNIFICANT AMOUNT OF THOSE INTERVIEWED ADMITTED TO GIVING PRECEDENCE TO THEIR PHONE OVER ROMANTIC LIASONS WITH PARTNER, AT DOCTORS AND DENTISTS APPOINTMENTS AND EVEN FUNERALS.......
- Those who've answered their phones in bed with a partner - 41%
- Those who've answered their phones at the doctors - 35%
- Those who've answered their phones at the dentists - 20%
- Those who've answered their phones at a funeral - 6%
KEEPING TABS ON A PARTNER WAS ESSENTIAL WITH THE MAJORITY OF 18-30 YEAR OLDS ADMITTING THAT THEY WOULD LOOK THROUGH A PARTNERS PHONE IF THEY THOUGHT THEY WERE CHEATING.
- Those who would look through a partner's phone - 84%
(i)the survey was undertaken by handbag.com with 785 participants