|Visa to Showcase Mobile Payments, Money Transfer and Payment-Related Services at GSMA Mobile World Congress 2009|
Posted: 13-Feb-2009 [Source: Visa]
[Visa is showcasing the latest innovations in mobile payment technologies at the 2009 GSMA Mobile World Congress in Barcelona.]
London & San Francisco -- Visa Europe and Visa Inc., the world's largest retail electronic payments network, will be showcasing the latest innovations in payments at the 2009 GSMA Mobile World Congress. In addition, Visa executives will discuss how Visa is helping to drive the convergence of financial services and mobile technology.
Visa will use real life examples to demonstrate how its innovations in mobile payment technologies can enhance consumers’ daily lives, providing speed, convenience, security and choice.
Visa mobile product demonstrations will include:
* Visa Mobile on Android: In December, Visa launched the first commercial service in the U.S. that provides mobile offers, transaction alerts and a locator service. Visa Mobile is available on mobile devices powered by Android, including the T-Mobile G1™ phone.
* Mobile Visa payWave: Secure mobile point of sale payments using Visa payWave embedded in a mobile device. Visa will demonstrate both NFC-based and SIM-based contactless payments.
* Mobile Money Transfer: A demonstration of handset-to-handset and online-to-handset money transfer.
* Mobile Transaction Alerts: Near real-time notification of card purchase activity delivered to the mobile device.
* Mobile Offers: Targeted offers and coupons delivered directly to the mobile device and redeemed at near-by merchants.
* Mobile Merchant: Convenient cashless transactions on the move. Mobile merchants, such as a pizza delivery service, can accept Visa payments with the help of enhanced mobile handsets that double as a mobile acceptance device.
* Smart Poster: Co-branded mobile posters, signposting nearby coffee shops with the offer of exclusive mobile ‘buy one, get one free’ offers.
The Congress is the key global conference and exhibition for the mobile industry and is sponsored by the GSM Association (GSMA). It attracts more than 1,200 exhibitors, and more than 50,000 visitors including key Visa clients and vendors from around the world.
Back to Headlines...