Verizon Wireless announced hat the new Verizon Wireless CDM8975 is available immediately through business sales channels. The phone, developed by Personal Communications Devices, LLC, joins Verizon Wireless' robust line-up of Push to Talk handsets that provides customers with fast two-way communication to get their jobs done quickly and efficiently. Packaged in an industrial clamshell design, the Verizon Wireless CDM8975 gives customers a feature-rich wireless experience at an attractive price. It will be available online at www.verizonwireless.com and in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores beginning March 9.
The Verizon Wireless CDM8975 provides customers with access to Verizon Wireless' Push to Talk service that leverages the company's Evolution-Data Optimized (EV-DO) Revision A (Rev. A) network. The Verizon Wireless CDM8975 also supports VZ Navigator(SM) with access to audible turn-by-turn maps, directions and millions of data points that can help business customers locate their offsite meeting locations quickly and even share their maps with colleagues.
The Web-enabled phone supports Bluetooth® technology, a 1.3 megapixel digital camera with video recording capabilities, voice commands, voice activated dialing, and a stereo speaker. Customers can stay entertained on a long commute or a business trip with Verizon Wireless'
V CAST Music with Rhapsody® and V CAST Video services.
Additional features and capabilities on the Verizon Wireless CDM8975 include:
* Dedicated Push to Talk and speakerphone button
* Internal antenna "intenna"
* Bluetooth technology -- headset, hands free (car kits), dial-up networking,
* stereo, phonebook access, basic printing, basic imaging, object push for vCard, and file transfer
* Media Center-capable -- downloadable games, ringtones, wallpapers, location based services and more
* V CAST Music with Rhapsody-capable -- download music directly to the phone from a library of more than 5 million songs and get the master copy of the song on a PC free of digital rights management software that restricts how and where music can be played. Customers can also sync favorite tracks, albums and playlists from a PC.
* V CAST Video -- download or stream video from the best names in news, sports, entertainment and more
* Text messaging
* Enhanced Message Service
* Multimedia Message Service
* T9 Predictive Text
* Phonebook with up to 500 entries with multiple contacts
* Push to Talk phonebook with up to 500 individual contacts and up to 100 group contacts with up to 50 members per group
* Expandable memory on an optional microSD(TM) memory card up to 8 GB (card not included)
* Web browser: WAP
* Customizable wallpaper
* Bilingual interface for English and Spanish
* Dimensions: 3.7" (h) x 1.9" (w) x 0.8" (d)
* Weight: 3.2 ounces
The Verizon Wireless CDM8975 is available for $99.99 after a $50 mail-in rebate and a new two-year customer agreement. Customers will receive the rebate in the form of a debit card; upon receipt, customers may use the card as cash anywhere debit cards are accepted. Corporate discount pricing is available. Verizon Wireless customers can add Unlimited Push to Talk for $5 per month, per line to any Nationwide voice plan.