NTT DOCOMO, INC. announced today its lineup of 18 new handsets for launch on or after May 22 (varies by model). The lineup includes models in DOCOMO's four main series of FOMA™ 3G handsets - docomo STYLE series™, docomo PRIME series™, docomo SMART series™ and docomo PRO series™ - and the new Evangelion Phone based on an upcoming anime film.
The new models and their planned launches are as follows:
docomo STYLE series
Distinctive mobile phones designed like accessories and offered in a wide variety of fashionable designs and colors for individuals who want to project the latest "look."
F-08A June 2009 Beautiful, softly contoured body with waterproofing for safe operation up to 1.5 meters underwater.
L-04A June to July 2009 Refined, esthetically clean slider phone with pressure-sensitive touchscreen that responds to fingernails.
N-08A May to June 2009 Elegantly slim body with colorfully illuminated keypad and powerful 8.1-megapixel camera.
P-08A June to July 2009 Swing/slider phone with stylishly ergonomic body and 8.1- megapixel camera for beautiful photos.
P-10A June 2009 Wide landscape screen and waterproof body for enjoyment of mobile TV in kitchen or bath.
SH-05A June 2009 Chic three-tone body with waterproof versatility and high-grade CCD 8-megapixel camera.
docomo PRIME series
Full-feature mobile phones for the maximum enjoyment of video, games and other entertainment by people who love to explore the latest multimedia.
F-09A May to June 2009 High-spec slider phone with large 3.4-inch two-way (portrait/ landscape) touchscreen.
L-06A June to July 2009 Touchscreen phone with dedicated Google™ key to quickly access/share videos and pictures.
N-06A May 22, 2009 (fixed) Wi-Fi®-equipped phone with two-way (portrait/landscape) touchscreen and 8.1-megapixel camera.
N-07A July 2009 Rugged phone featuring sporty design, applications and content geared to athletic users.
P-07A May 22, 2009 (fixed) VIERA® phone with large 2-inch sub-display and multi-mode 8.1-megapixel camera.
SH-06A May to June 2009 High-quality camera phone with CCD 10-megapixel resolution and advanced photo-processing engine.
docomo SMART series
Sophisticated mobile phones for busy people who want to live productively and enhance the management of their professional and private lives.
N-09A June 2009 Slim, stylishly urbane phone with 8.1-megapixel camera and enhanced functions for work and after-hours.
P-09A June 2009 Versatile, 12.5-mm phone with proprietary technology for extra-clear, natural voice output.
docomo PRO series
Most advanced high-spec mobile phones for those who love cutting-edge digital tools and can't get enough of the newest, hottest technology.
HT-03A June to July 2009 Android™ OS phone optimized for Google's mobile services with touchscreen, trackball, Wi-Fi and more.
SH-07A June to July 2009 AQUOS® phone simultaneously receives two mobile TV channels and easily links to Blu-ray recorders.
T-01A June to July 2009 Super-slim 9.9-mm phone with large 4.1-inch WVGA touch- screen for enhanced browsing.
SH-06A NERV June to July 2009 Special "NERV" phone that appears in upcoming anime film Evangelion: 2.0 You Can (Not) Advance.
Numerous features (including services) are being newly introduced or upgraded with the launch of DOCOMO's new handset lineup:
1. All-new Features
* i-?ppli touch™ o Java™-based gaming between two phones via Bluetooth®, free of data charges. o Easy Bluetooth pairing thanks to FeliCa® smartcard.
* Enhanced i-mode™ browser o Immediate access to i-Menu™ home page via dedicated "i" button. o Web-based RSS feed (My News) and online bookmarking (My Link). o Left/right keys select hyperlinks on page (not back/forward page views).
2. Upgraded Features
* Voice-input mail o Voice-to-text system for fast, easy mail composition.
* Voice input for Quick Search function o Input keywords via voice for one-stop, button-activated searches (i-mode, mail, etc.).
* Local mail client for both 2in1™ (two-numbers-in-one-phone) accounts o Secondary mail account is managed locally in the handset, instead of via webmail. o Enables use of deco-mail™ animated pictograms and templates in these mails.
* Precision battery indicator o Battery power level indicated with five levels (instead of three), or by percentage.
* Exportable settings for handover to new handset o Alarm, mail, call and text-input settings can be exported to a new handset using a microSD™ memory card.
* GPS services overseas o Access to GPS services in 141 countries and regions (as of today) where packet communication via DOCOMO's international roaming service is supported.
* Direct billing via i-?ppli™ o Purchases possible via Java-based applications (currently via HTML sites only).
* Area Mail™ disaster information service o Area Mail alerts can produce audible ring even if phone is in silent mode.