Starting today, Qwest Wireless customers will begin to receive notification that they have 60 days to switch their Qwest Wireless service to another wireless provider. In 2008, Qwest announced plans to exit its wireless business and began offering Verizon Wireless service to Qwest customers.
* Qwest will discontinue all Qwest Wireless service on Oct. 31, 2009.
* There is no early termination fee when disconnecting Qwest Wireless service.
* Qwest Wireless phone numbers are portable. Customers who switch to a new service provider, prior to Oct. 31, 2009, will be able to transfer their wireless phone numbers to the new service provider.
* Qwest is an authorized agent for Verizon Wireless. Qwest Wireless customers who select Verizon Wireless as their provider can take advantage of combined billing and exclusive handset offers from Verizon Wireless.
* In September and October, when Qwest Wireless customers who have not changed wireless service providers make a call, they will be routed to a live Qwest service representative, who will remind customers that Qwest is discontinuing Qwest Wireless service and a new service provider needs to be selected. Once the customer service communication is complete, calls will be connected as dialed.
* For more information about switching from Qwest Wireless service, visit www.qwest.com/wirelessfaq, or call 1 800-516-0669, or visit one of the many Qwest Solution Centers www.qwest.com/stores.
Neil E. Cox, Qwest executive vice president of Product
"Our goal is to offer service that meets the needs of our customers and to provide timely information about changes or events that impact that service," said Neil E. Cox, Qwest executive vice president of Product. "Last year, through our strong alliance with Verizon Wireless, our customers began the move to the industry's best wireless products and services on the nation’s most reliable wireless network. Today, we are reminding those who have not transitioned that Qwest Wireless service will end on Oct. 31."