Verizon Wireless announced the new Verizon Wireless Escapade(TM), developed by Personal Communications Devices, LLC, will be available online at www.verizonwireless.com and in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores on Aug. 21. A must-have phone for globetrotters and jet-setters, the Escapade's quad band network compatibility allows customers to place voice calls in more than 220 destinations worldwide.
* Dual band CDMA 1X and quad band GSM/GPRS (900/1800, 850/1900)
* Pre-installed SIM card
* Built-in 2.0 megapixel camera
* Dual color displays - internal 2", 262k color TFT and 1.1", 65k color CSTN external
* Bluetooth®-enabled with support for headset, hands-free, phonebook access, and Object Push for vCard profiles
* Voice commands key
* Text, picture and voice messaging
* T9 predictive text
* Media Center capabilities for downloading games, ringtones, location-based services and more
* Bilingual interface supports English and Spanish languages
* Mobile Web capabilities with access to the latest in news, sports, weather and more
* Access to Mobile Email, Mobile Web Mail, Mobile IM, and chat
* VZ Navigator(SM) capabilities for audible turn-by-turn directions to more than 15 million points of interest in the U.S., and the directions can be shared with others
Price and availability:
* The Escapade will be available for $29.99 after a $50.00 mail-in rebate with a new two-year customer agreement. Customers will receive the rebate in the form of a debit card; upon receipt, customers may use the card as cash anywhere debit cards are accepted.
* Customers can purchase the Escapade beginning Aug. 21 at www.verizonwireless.com or in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores. For additional information on Verizon Wireless products and services, visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or go to www.verizonwireless.com.