Beginning Nov. 6, DROID ERIS™ by HTC will invade Verizon Wireless Communications Stores across the United States, bringing the power of the Android™ platform and the Verizon Wireless network together. DROID ERIS by HTC combines the popular Android platform with HTC Sense™, a user experience from HTC that makes it easy for customers to stay close to one another and create an individualized mobile experience tailored specifically to their needs.
DROID ERIS by HTC offers customers the opportunity to customize a seven-panel wide home screen with a wide variety of widgets designed to bring the most important information to the surface. DROID ERIS by HTC also includes the innovative “Scenes” feature, which allows customers to create multiple home screens, each with different widgets and shortcuts, to transform DROID ERIS by HTC from a “work” phone to a “play” phone with just a touch of a finger.
DROID ERIS by HTC also organizes interactions by person, which makes it possible to access text messages, e-mails, phone calls and even Flickr streams and Facebook updates from a single contact card.
The unique HTC Sense experience found on DROID ERIS by HTC is supported by an array of the latest mobile features, including:
* 3.2 inch capacitive touch screen and trackball interface
* 5.0 megapixel auto focus camera
* Expandable memory with pre-installed 8 GB microSD™ card (up to 16 GB supported)
* Supports USB mass storage
* Bluetooth®, Wi-Fi and 3.5 mm headset connectivity
* Integrated GPS and a digital compass with a sensor that enables the phone to know what direction it is facing
* Smart dialer for simplified dialing by name, number or initials
* Full HTML browser with Flash Lite capabilities
* Seamless compatibility with Google™ services like Google Maps™, Gmail™, Google Search™ and more
DROID ERIS by HTC will be available in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores and online at www.verizonwireless.com on Friday, Nov. 6, for $99.99 after a $100 mail-in rebate with a new two-year customer agreement on a voice plan with an e-mail feature or e-mail plan. Customers will receive the mail-in rebate in the form of a debit card; upon receipt, customers may use the card as cash anywhere debit cards are accepted.