LiMo Foundation™, a global consortium of leading companies from throughout the mobile industry, today announced new LiMo compliant handsets from manufacturers ELSE, NEC, and Panasonic Mobile Communications. These models bring the number of LiMo devices announced to date to fifty.
“We welcome the arrival of these innovative new devices which attest to the richness and versatility of LiMo PlatformTM,” said Morgan Gillis, executive director of the LiMo Foundation. “The continued growth of LiMo devices is further endorsement of LiMo’s vision, mission, and technologies.”
Designed to appeal to consumers seeking elegant, feature-rich handsets, the new models combine next-generation functionality and reliable performance in an array of sleek, sophisticated device designs. Integrating advanced user interface technologies and critical functionality and reliability elements such as keypad-to-touchpad conversion, high-megapixel auto-focus cameras, waterproofing, and extended battery life will ensure a more immersive and impactful mobile experience to consumers using these LiMo Compliant handsets.
Among the new LiMo devices announced today are three models from NEC for NTT DOCOMO:
* docomo STYLE seriesTM N-01B: A slim, elegant handset designed cooperatively with design house STNY is perfect for a fashion-conscious lifestyle. This N-01B is available in an array of colors, with decorative illumination patterns, and is highly customizable. The device also hosts a broad array of features, including an 8.1MP camera.
* docomo PRIME seriesTM N-02B: This fully featured handset includes a 12.2MP camera that is ready in seconds and capable of quick shooting. The N-02B offers automatic scene identification for optimum photo quality, backed by high-speed connectivity for rapid image uploading.
* docomo STYLE seriesTM N-03B: Waterproofed with water-pattern coating for enduring elegance, the N-03B is both rugged and stylish. With an integrated pedometer, a 3.2” WVGA screen, and an 8.1 MP camera with activate ECO mode, this handset is a durable choice for active lifestyles.
Also within the extended line up of LiMo devices are three models from Panasonic for NTT DOCOMO:
* docomo PRIME seriesTM P-01B: A VIERA® phone with an integrated high-speed auto-focus camera and keypad that converts into a touchpad, the P-01B is a full-feature mobile phone for users who want maximum enjoyment of the latest multimedia technologies, including audio, video, games, and other entertainment.
* docomo STYLE seriesTM P-02B: A glamorous but cute swing/slider phone with a touchscreen-operated camera, the P-02B delivers high-fashion style in a variety of colors.
* docomo SMART seriesTM P-03B: A smartly designed slim handset with one of the longest battery lives amongst FOMA models, the P-03B is aimed at busy people who want to live productively and enhance the management of their professional and private lives.
Also announced today as a LiMo device is the ELSE INTUITION™ handset from ELSE Ltd., which provides a fresh and highly innovative user experience paradigm and advanced functionality while maintaining exceptional ease and simplicity of use.
“These newest handsets demonstrate the effectiveness of the LiMo Platform as a springboard for innovation and differentiation in an increasingly crowded marketplace,” said Kiyohito Nagata of NTT DOCOMO, Chairman of LiMo Foundation. “The market-proven technologies found in the LiMo Platform represent unequaled opportunity for extended value for the entire mobile ecosystem – from operators to handset vendors to mobile consumers.”
LiMo Foundation was launched in January 2007 by mobile industry leaders to provide the mobile industry with an open, consistent Mobile Linux-based handset OS, enabling the development of immersive, next-generation mobile consumer experiences. For full details on LiMo’s presence and activities at MWC 2010, please visit LiMo’s booth in Hall 8, booth 135 as well as the dedicated microsite of http://mwc.limofoundation.org.