Verizon Wireless and Samsung Telecommunications America (Samsung Mobile), today announced the Samsung Reality™ is now available. The sleek and stylish Samsung Reality, available in two color options – Piano Black and City Red – sports a three-inch touch screen display, full horizontal slide-out QWERTY keyboard, customizable widgets, and multiple messaging options.
The Samsung Reality supports Samsung's unique TouchWiz interface, which offers specially designed widgets that allow customers to customize and personalize their phones. The Communities widget allows customers to update social networking sites, post pictures and upload videos to YouTube™ and other Web sites instantly. The Samsung Reality also features one-touch widgets, which provide instant access to favorite Web sites on the phone's full HTML Web browser.
Key features and specifications:
* 3 inch WQVGA (240 x 400) full touch screen
* Horizontal slide-out QWERTY keyboard
* Full suite of messaging options, including text, picture, video and voice messaging; Mobile IM; Mobile Chat; Mobile Email; and Mobile Web Email
* 3.2 megapixel camera with Night Shot Mode; single, multi, panorama, mosaic and frame shot modes; and video capture capabilities
* Photo editing features, including Dynamic Canvas, which supports flash animations in pictures
* Bluetooth® technology with support for headset, hands-free, Dial Up Networking, stereo, phonebook access, basic print, basic imaging, object push for vCard and vCalendar, File Transfer and serial port
* Corporate Email (formerly RemoSync) support for Microsoft Office Exchange so customers can synchronize corporate e-mail, contacts and calendars from their office e-mail
* microSD™ card slot with support for up to 16 GB (card purchased separately)
* Access to social networking services
* VZ Navigator® capable – Receive audible turn-by-turn directions to more than 15 million points of interest and share the directions with others
* Visual Voice Mail – Delete, reply and forward voice mail messages without having to listen to prior messages or voice instructions
* Media Center – Access downloadable games, ringtones, wallpapers, location-based services and more
* Personal organizer and tools with calendar, calculator with currency converter, notepad, alarm clock, world clock and stop watch
Price and availability:
* The Samsung Reality is now available at Verizon Wireless Communications Stores and online at www.verizonwireless.com for $79.99 after a $50 mail-in rebate with a new two-year customer agreement. Customers will receive the rebate in the form of a debit card; upon receipt, customers may use the card as cash anywhere debit cards are accepted.
* To get the most from the Samsung Reality, customers will need to subscribe to a Nationwide Talk or Nationwide Talk & Text plan, as well as purchase a data package that begins at $9.99 per month for 25 megabytes with Mobile Email.
* For additional information on Verizon Wireless products and services, visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or go to www.verizonwireless.com.