Verizon Wireless today announced the immediate availability of the HP Mini 210-1076NR netbook. Sporting a Black Crystal color, the HP Mini 210 is an affordable computer that provides Verizon Wireless customers with built-in 3G Mobile Broadband connectivity in a slim and lightweight design.
With up to 8.75 hours of battery life, the stylish HP Mini 210 provides fun and functionality for customers – from business travelers to students – who want to surf the Web, check e-mail, listen to music and access information while on the go. Customers can also use the HP Mini 210 to browse the Web or access e-mail in more than 200 destinations worldwide when coupled with a Verizon Wireless GlobalAccess service plan.
Key features and specifications:
* Operating system: Genuine Windows® 7 Starter
* 10.1"-diagonal LED BrightView Infinity widescreen display
* Offers an enhanced multimedia experience and makes it easier to access offline content and update files on the go with:
o HP CloudDrive allows users to access their synchronized content from multiple computers – documents, photos and music – from the cloud without having to store it on a local drive.
o HP QuickSync software automatically synchronizes files created or edited on the road with a home or business PC over a wireless connection when connected to the same network.
* Processor: Intel® Atom™ Processor N450
* Processor speed: 1.66 GHz
* System memory: 1 GB RAM
* Storage hard drive: 250 GB
* Stereo speakers
* HP Webcam with integrated digital microphone
* Integrated 5-in-1 digital media reader
* External VGA (15-pin) port
* Radio/frequency bands: CDMA/1X/EV-DO Revision A: 800/1900 MHz; UMTS/HSPA: 850/1900/2100 MHz; GSM/GPRS/EDGE: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
* Built-in Wi-Fi (802.11 b/g)
* Bluetooth® capable
* Weight: 2.99 lbs.
* Dimensions: 10.55"(l) x 6.9"(d) x 0.90"-1.57"(h)
Pricing and availability:
* The HP Mini 210-1076NR is available now for $149.99 after a $100 mail-in rebate with a new two-year customer agreement on a Mobile Broadband plan. It is available online at www.verizonwireless.com and in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores. Customers will receive the rebate in the form of a debit card; upon receipt, customers may use the card as cash anywhere debit cards are accepted.
Mobile Broadband pricing:
* Customers can select from various price plans to connect to Verizon Wireless' Mobile Broadband network, which also gives them access to thousands of Wi-Fi hotspots at no additional charge and allows them to move easily from the nation's most reliable 3G wireless network to those hotspots:
o $39.99 monthly access for 250 MB monthly allowance and $0.10/MB overage
o $59.99 monthly access for 5 GB monthly allowance and $0.05/MB overage
* Prepaid Mobile Broadband plans are also available:
o $15 for 75 MB (one day of use)
o $30 for 250 MB (one week of use)
o $50 for 500 MB (one month of use)
Customers traveling abroad can sign up for one of the following GlobalAccess plans:
* GlobalAccess Monthly Plan, which starts at $129.99 for monthly access (5 GB allowance for the United States and Canada, $0.05/MB overage) with 100 MB allowance in select destinations ($0.005/KB after allowance). Customers who require higher usage when traveling abroad can take advantage of the $219.99 monthly access plan that offers 200 MB allowance with the same rates for overage as the $129.99 plan.
* GlobalAccess Pay Per Use for occasional use must be purchased with a $59.99 Mobile Broadband service plan in the United States. The Pay Per Use rate is $0.002/KB in Canada, $0.005/KB in Mexico, and $0.02/KB in more than 200 other destinations.
For more information on Verizon Wireless products and services, visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or go to www.verizonwireless.com.