HTC EVOTM 4G, available exclusively from Sprint (NYSE: S) beginning June 4, comes packed with the potential to transform the way today’s companies do business. Stream video real-time, send and receive mega files that would have previously gnarled networks, and conduct a presentation online that would have glitched or dropped on other networks. It’s possible with HTC EVO 4G – which enables speed, reliable transmission of large amounts of data and real-time collaboration unlike any other handset ever made, all on the first and only wireless 4G network from a national carrier as well as Sprint’s second-to-none 3G network.
With its custom Web browser optimized for the 4.3-inch touchscreen display, an 8MP auto-focus camera with HD-capable video camcorder and front-facing 1.3MP camera, combined with the superfast 1GHz Qualcomm® SnapdragonTM processor, this sleek, powerhouse device marks a milestone in innovation for businesses.
The simultaneous voice and data capability in 4G and certain Wi-Fi coverage areas allows users to view documents and files while the conversation continues, or to determine the location of a customer meeting while talking with a colleague. In addition, the hotspot feature is valuable for road warriors who want mobility not just for themselves but also for up to eight devices from colleagues, partners and customers.
HTC EVO 4G boasts thousands of Android-driven mobile applications, with many geared toward businesses across a variety of industries – and all enhanced by the power of the Now Network and the capabilities of HTC EVO 4G. Sprint partner examples include:
* Xora – Mobile workforce management solution with mobile timesheet functionality that automates the entire timesheet / payroll process by integrating to payroll systems, such as ADP.
* Citrix Receiver™ - Extend access to a customer’s Citrix hosted environment to mobile users; provides a platform that enables mobility for enterprise software. HTC EVO 4G has been verified as Citrix Ready®, a rigorous verification process to ensure compatibility with Citrix, providing confidence in joint solution capability. The Citrix Ready program helps customers identify third-party solutions that are recommended to enhance virtualization, networking and cloud computing solutions from Citrix.
* Intuit - Extends Intuit’s payment services by enabling anyone selling products or services outside the office to process credit card payments on a mobile phone without requiring additional hardware.
* Real Estate by Smarter Agent – Gives consumers instant access to homes for sale, recently sold homes and rentals. Real estate professionals can get a personalized application to help their clients.
Examples of other popular business mobile applications available in the Android Market include:
* Epocrates® application provides quick and easy access to reliable drug information for healthcare professionals at the point of care.
* SkyMobile for SAP by Sky Technologies– Provides access to SAP CRM, so sales and service personnel can stay connected and access their customer data.
* MobilePower from ZSL – Provides a smart client that gives full access to MS Dynamics CRM and ERP.
To complement the HTC EVO 4G experience, business customers will use Sprint’s industry-leading Business Advantage Messaging and Data plans, which include unlimited Web, texting and calling on the Sprint Network to every mobile in America with Any Mobile, AnytimeSM.
A variety of usage options are available with Business Advantage Messaging and Data plans ranging from $59.99 per month per user to $179.99 per month per user. Business Advantage plans also feature pooled anytime minutes, available across all users on the account. A required $10 per month Premium Data add-on will allow customers to take advantage of a richer data experience on HTC EVO 4G than ever before at both 3G and 4G speeds, with incredible features including both rear and forward-facing cameras, HD-capable video, superfast processor and large touchscreen. The combination of features and services on HTC EVO 4G provide capabilities that previously have never been available on a wireless device.
Additionally, an optional pricing add-on will turn HTC EVO 4G into a mobile hotspot connecting up to eight Wi-Fi enabled devices simultaneously, such as laptops, gaming devices and digital cameras, at 4G speeds where available and at 3G speeds anywhere on the Sprint 3G network for just $29.99 per month – half the monthly cost of the current Sprint Mobile Broadband plan (pricing excludes surcharges and taxes).
“As workforces become more mobile, employees need the speed and capacity to enable high-bandwidth transactions, like viewing or sending real-time video, or video monitoring of off-site locations,” said Tom Roberts, vice president of Business Marketing, Sprint. “With 4G and HTC EVO 4G, the possibilities for business are endless.”
Sprint’s Now Network also offers endless possibilities. No one has a more reliable network than Sprint, according to a 13-city 3G test conducted by PC World.* The Now Network is the culmination of ultra-fast networks, cutting-edge devices, game-changing price plans and a portfolio of products and capabilities that enable customers to do what they want, simply and immediately. With Sprint, customers can truly celebrate the simplicity and instant gratification of Now.
Sprint also offers six other 4G devices, including the Overdrive™ 3G/4G Mobile Hotspot by Sierra Wireless, a hotspot capable of connecting up to five Wi-Fi enabled devices (such as iPhone®, iPod touch®, Palm® Pre™, laptops, gaming devices) to the Sprint 3G or 4G networks where available. With the Overdrive, any Wi-Fi enabled device, including the recently launched iPadTM, can become a 4G device. For more information, visit www.sprint.com/4G.
Businesses are already reaping the benefits of 4G, including Kayentis, Annapolis Police Department and Greater Chicago Food Depository.
Sprint is the first national carrier to roll out 4G. Sprint 4G is currently available in 33 markets covering about 41 million people. By the end of this year Sprint expects to launch 4G service in such major markets as New York, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Miami and Washington, D.C., and cover a population of 120 million.
To order HTC EVO 4G, visit www.sprint.com, call 800-SPRINT1 or contact your current Sprint account representative.
HTC EVO 4G is available through Sprint’s Business Markets Group (BMG), which is composed of sales, support, marketing and operations personnel solely dedicated to enterprise, small and medium-sized business and public sector customers. BMG delivers wireless, wireline and converged solutions, drawing on 3G and 4G mobile broadband capabilities, the fastest national push-to-talk network,** and a comprehensive solutions portfolio.