SONY ERICCSON XPERIA™ X8
The Sony Ericsson Xperia™ X8 is a great entertainment smartphone that extends the appeal of the Xperia™ collection to new market segments. The user interface is similar to that of the Xperia™ X10 mini, with the four-corners that give easy one hand use and can be customised for one touch access to your favourite applications. The Xperia™ X8 also includes Timescape™ for easy access to all your social networking and the infinite button for one click access to a world of content. The open Android operating system delivers great smartphone functionality and access to thousands of applications on Android Market™. Timo Maassmann, Product Marketing Manager for XperiaTM X8, said, “We are delighted to be able to bring the full experience of our XperiaTM smartphones to new consumers by delivering a fully featured device at a more accessible price point.”
The Sony Ericsson Xperia™ X8 is perfect for enjoying multimedia entertainment. Whether it’s a game from the Android Market™, the latest funny clips on YouTube™ or browsing the web, the 3-inch screen means you won’t miss a thing. Discover and download songs from PlayNow™, then listen to all your music using the 3.5mm headphone jack. If you are feeling more creative, there’s a 3.2 MP camera and video recording functionality.
Sony Ericsson Xperia™ X8 - Key features
* Four corners for easy one hand use and one touch access to applications
* Customise the four corners with your favourite apps and add widgets to your homescreens
* Enjoy games, video, internet and more on the 3-inch screen
* Timescape™ shows all your communication in one place for ultimate simplicity
* Android Market™ – thousands of applications to keep you entertained
* 3.2 MP camera – snap away and upload instantly to Facebook™
The XPERIA™ X8 supports GSM GPRS/EDGE 850/900/1800/1900, UMTS HSPA 900/2100 and UMTS HSPA 800/850/1900/2100
The XPERIA™ X8 will be available in selected markets from Q
SONY ERICSSON YENDO WITH WALKMAN
Today Sony Ericsson announces the Sony Ericsson Yendo™ with Walkman™, the first full touch Walkman™ phone which combines music, social networking and communication in one colourful phone. Benefitting from the innovative four corner touch UI debuted on the Sony Ericsson Xperia™ X10 mini and Sony Ericsson Xperia™ X10 mini pro, the Sony Ericsson Yendo™ with Walkman™ really brings music to consumers’ fingertips.
Sony Ericsson Yendo™ with Walkman™ gives consumers the ultimate iconic award-winning* Walkman™ phone experience but also allows consumers to show their individuality. Consumers have a number of colour combinations to choose from so they can personalise their handset to suit their mood and make sure it stands out from the crowd. The four corner touch UI also allows users to find the most important phone features in one easy and fun one hand operation. So whether it’s text messaging, Facebook™ or email, users can experience a unique and individual touch experience on a crystal clear and 2.6’’ display.
Experience a full touch Walkman™ phone with the Sony Ericsson Yendo™ with Walkman™:
* Music – jam-packed with Walkman™ phone features, including Touch TrackID™, MediaGo and PlayNow™
* Social – access to social networking such as Facebook™, Twitter™, or Orkut™ 2.0megapixel camera to upload photos straight to the web or send to friends
* Communication – easily browse the web and chat or e-mail your family and friends
* Four corners, four icons – everything you want at your fingertips
Sony Ericsson Yendo™ with Walkman™
Full touch Walkman™ phone
* Touch Walkman™ player – music at fingertips
* Touch TrackID™ – find out the name of that song with just one touch
* PlayNow™ – access favourite and new songs quickly and easily
* MediaGo – transfer your music from a PC to the mobile phone
* Four corner UI – access Walkman™ player, contacts, keypad and more with just one touch
* Easy navigation – easy access to your favourite web pages
* Express yourself with one of the ten RTL colours
* Social networking – Facebook™ or Twitter™ away
* 3.5mm stereo jack – play personal
The Sony Ericsson Yendo™ with Walkman™ supports GSM GPRS/EDGE Rx 850/1900 and GSM GPRS/EDGE Rx 900/1800
The Sony Ericsson Yendo™ with Walkman™ will be available in selected markets from Q3 in the colours: Black, Blue, Green, Orange, Pink, Purple, Red, Silver, White and Yellow.
SONY ERICSSON CEDAR
Today sees the announcement of Sony Ericsson Cedar™, the mobile phone for consumers looking for an easy way to stay connected at an affordable price. The phone offers consumers fast and easy browsing capabilities with features such as 3G HSDPA and easy access to e-mail and social networking sites.
With Sony Ericsson Cedar™, consumers benefit from key features which they have come to expect from Sony Ericsson. The phone offers users an easy-to-use social networking experience with the Widget Manager 2.0 – an application which allows users access social networking via the stand-by screen. In addition, the phone also features the human curvature design that is now consistent across the Sony Ericsson portfolio.
“Sony Ericsson Cedar™ is the ideal product for consumers who are looking for the perfect balance between a business and social device.” said Quentin Cordier, Global Marketing Manager, Sony Ericsson. “Featuring 3G HSDPA, a 3.5mm jack and a port for easy connection to your laptop – the Sony Ericsson Cedar™ is an affordable GreenHeart™ phone which allows consumers to easily connect to their various communities whether it’s for work, fun or play.”
Sony Ericsson Cedar™
* Widget Manager 2.0 allows easy access to your favourite social network and applications
* Social network applications – Facebook™, Twitter and MySpace
* Keep contacts close – hassle-free phone book transfer and web backup
* Stay organised with calendar, phone book, email
* Fast browsing with 3G and direct access to the web browser
* EAS Push email and modem connectivity
* Connect your headphones on the 3.5mm jack and enjoy music, video on the go.
* Capture the moment with the 2Mp camera and send it by MMS
* Human curvature design – fits into the palm of the hand
* GreenHeart™ – for a greener choice
In line with the company’s GreenHeart™ commitment, Sony Ericsson Cedar™ features various green credentials such as recycled plastics, a low power consumption charger, an e-manual, waterborne paint and compact packaging. The phone is perfect for businesses that are looking for a green alternative as it offers push mail, Bluetooth™ connectivity and HSDPA. For more information on the GreenHeart™ programme and Sony Ericsson’s overall sustainability programme, please visit www.sonyericsson.com/greenheart.
The Sony Ericsson Cedar™ supports UMTS HSDPA 2100 and GSM GPRS/EDGE 850/900/1800/1900, UMTS HSDPA 850/1900/2100 and EDGE 850/900/1800/1900.
The Sony Ericsson Cedar ™ will be available in selected markets from Q3 in the colours Black/Silver and Black/Red.