Businesses demand capable, secure and rugged devices to get the job done, and Motorola ES400S by Sprint will soon be the ideal enterprise mobile device to do just that. Offering integrated voice and data capabilities that can unleash the full potential of mobile professionals, Motorola ES400S by Sprint is designed to transform business operations, increase enterprise profitability, and help teams complete their jobs anywhere and anytime.
Available by the end of October, for as low as $499.99 for qualifying business customers or $549.99 with a new line or eligible upgrade and two-year service agreement, Motorola ES400S requires a Sprint® Business Advantage Messaging and Data plan or an Everything plan with data.
Motorola ES400S is the first Motorola enterprise handheld device to be carrier-branded, stocked and sold to businesses of all sizes through Sprint sales channels, including Business Sales, Sprint.com and Telesales (1-800-SPRINT1). It will also be available through the Sprint Business Solutions Partners, which can provide value-added services, including advanced help desks and application integration.
Enterprise managers and workforces across field service, field sales, healthcare, retail, utilities, manufacturing and transportation/distribution industries will benefit from the device’s compact design and mobile access to business-critical applications and back-end systems.
“Motorola ES400S was built with the business user in mind and expands Sprint’s leadership in rugged devices,” said Danny Bowman, president – Integrated Solutions Group, Sprint. “With its compact size and access to advanced applications leveraging the Sprint 3G network, Motorola ES400S is a breakthrough enterprise-class device that can meet the needs of business users who are constantly seeking ways to boost individual and team productivity. Sprint is ideally positioned to offer business customers tools uniquely suited to meet their needs, and continues to build a reputation as an industry leader among companies searching for cost-effective wireless devices and applications.”
Built on Windows Embedded Handheld technologies, including the Windows Mobile 6.5.3 platform for seamless connectivity, application compatibility and support for industry-specific applications, advanced security and device management mobility needs, Motorola ES400S provides the familiarity of a desktop with an intuitive, customizable user interface for quick access to critical apps. Key enterprise-friendly features include:
* Customizable Motorola Enterprise User Interface (MEUI) makes business-critical information and functions available with one key press. Includes enterprise-specific enhancements like photo annotation
* Enterprise-class security including built-in Biometric fingerprint reader
* Durable construction to withstand dust, drops and bumps, with certifications for MIL-STD 810G, for a 4-foot drop, and IP42 sealing specifications
* 3-inch VGA touchscreen
* 3.2 MP camera with red line aimer for easy barcode scanning and one-button push-to-scan for one- and two-dimensional barcode reading
* Wi-Fi/802.11 a/b/g with Enterprise Security
* 1 GB ROM/256 MB RAM
* CDMA EVDO Rev. A for domestic service and HSPA/GSM for international roaming
* VoIP ready
* Battery: 1540 mAh standard battery and 3080 mAh extended battery (sold separately)
Motorola ES400S is designed for task managers working hands-on in the field or in the office and juggling management responsibilities who rely on access to high-value data and applications to sustain productivity.
“We are pleased to be working with Motorola and Sprint to extend Windows and the benefits of cloud computing to the world of high-performance and connected enterprise handheld devices,” said Kevin Dallas general manager of the Windows Embedded Business Unit at Microsoft Corp. “The future for enterprise handheld devices is endless, and the new Motorola ES400S powered by Windows Embedded Handheld (based on Windows Mobile 6.5.3 technologies) demonstrates opportunities for enterprises to boost the productivity of their mobile workforce with anytime, anywhere access to vital information.”
Motorola ES400S enables rich applications to be easily developed, ported and deployed on the device, while meeting enterprise security needs. It also includes the unique MEUI, providing users with a customizable business-class interface. Designed for efficiency and speed, MEUI features include:
* one-touch access to applications
* business-focused home screen
* single touch barcode scanning
* enterprise-class camera application
* simplified call management screen with touch-friendly dial-pad
* readily accessible device management tabs to eliminate the need to drill down through multiple menus and screens to adjust settings