SRS Labs, the industry leader in surround sound, audio, and voice technologies, today announced the inclusion of the SRS 5.1 Mobile™ surround sound solution in Samsung’s new Galaxy Tab, allowing the newest member of the Galaxy family to deliver a remarkable multimedia experience to consumers.
The SRS 5.1 Mobile solution featured on the upcoming Galaxy Tab originally debuted in Samsung’s Galaxy S smartphones. Embedded within the music and video players of the Android™-powered Captivate™, Epic™, Fascinate™ and Vibrant™ smartphones, SRS 5.1 Mobile transforms each model into a multimedia powerhouse.
“As a market leader and an innovator, Samsung has established a reputation in the industry for great performance by packing their products with premium features and state-of-the-art components,” said Allen H. Gharapetian, Vice President of Marketing for SRS Labs. “Having SRS 5.1 Mobile embedded within Samsung’s Galaxy Tab and Galaxy S phones not only completes the multimedia experience provided by these devices, but brings greater life, realism and vocal clarity to these products.”
Features of SRS 5.1 Mobile:
* Creates an accurate 5.1 virtual surround sound experience over any stereo headphones
* Utilizes SRS Circle Surround® decoder to generate the highest quality surround sound - placing left, right, center, surround left and surround right speakers accurately around the listener’s head
* SRS Dialog Clarity™ boosts the frequency range of the human voice in a way that lifts the dialog above the audio effects, so you can clearly hear every word that’s being spoken
* Improves overall bass response of the headphones
* SRS WOW HD™ improves the dynamic audio performance of both compressed and uncompressed audio, by expanding the size of the audio image
“Time and again, SRS has proven to Samsung that SRS sound and voice solutions are designed to deliver superior performance and allow for effortless integration within our product lines,” said David (HM) Noh, Vice President of R & D planning and partnership management from Samsung Mobile Communications. “Having SRS 5.1 Mobile embedded within Galaxy Tab and Galaxy S phones presents our demanding users with a far more realistic, theater-like entertainment experience, on devices that fit easily in their pockets.”
To commemorate SRS’ inclusion within Samsung’s Galaxy Tab and Galaxy S phones, SRS Labs launched a Facebook-exclusive sweepstakes today to give away two SRS 5.1 Mobile™ enabled Galaxy S smartphones and a Galaxy Tab as a bonus prize. The sweepstakes will run from November 3, 2010 – December 1, 2010. To enter for your chance to win, please visit www.facebook.com/SRSLabs. Additionally, SRS is concurrently running a sweepstakes commemorating SRS’ recognition as one of America’s Greatest Brands.