Samsung Telecommunications America (Samsung Mobile), the No. 1 mobile phone provider in the U.S.1, announced that the Samsung Focus™, a Windows Phone 7 device with a bright and crisp 4.0” Super AMOLED™ screen, multiple messaging options and a 5.0 megapixel camera with flash and auto-focus, will be available on November 8th at AT&T2 company-owned retail locations nationwide or at http://www.att.com/wireless. AT&T has priced the Focus at $199.99.
The Focus features a customizable start screen and improved operating system look, large, iconic text for menus and content transitions to slide a user into and out of different menus. With the Windows 7 tile-based layout, users can customize the start screen in countless ways and pin frequently used applications for one-touch access. Users can have up to 256 live tiles on the start screen. The Focus also features natural touch and voice interactions, has a responsive, multi-touch display with voice activated dialing and app launch.
* Windows® Phone 7 Operating System
* 4.0” Super AMOLED™ display
* 5.0MP Camera/Camcorder with auto-focus and flash
* Full HTML browser with pinch and zoom
* Multiple messaging options (Exchange Email, Text and Picture with threaded messaging)
* Microsoft® Zune service
* Microsoft® Bing maps and voice search
* Wi-Fi with AT&T Hot Spots
* Microsoft® Office Mobile
* Windows® Phone Marketplace
* Advanced gaming features - access Xbox LIVE® right from your handset
* aGPS with AT&T Navigator
* AT&T U-verse® Mobile
* Samsung Now Hub
* 720p video record/playback
* Integrated social networking services
* Stereo Bluetooth® 2.1 connectivity
* Multimedia package with features such as Music Player, Expandable Memory Slot supporting up to 32GB3, Games & 4 Pole 3.5mm Ear-jack
* Quad-Band EDGE (850/900/1800/1900MHz); Tri-band UMTS (850/1900/2100MHz)
* Display: 4 inches WVGA 480x800 pixels Super AMOLED
* Dimensions: 4.84” x 2.56” x 0.39”
* Weight: Approximately 4.2 ounces
o 8GB internal storage memory
o External microSD™ memory card slot up to 32 GB (class 2 (or higher) microSD card, card sold separately)
* Talk Time: Up to 6.5 hours4
* Standby Time: Up to 300 hours
1 Number one mobile phone provider in the U.S. claim for Samsung Mobile based upon reported shipment data, according to Strategy Analytics Q2 2010 U.S. Market Share Handset Shipments Reports.
2 AT&T products and services are provided or offered by subsidiaries and affiliates of AT&T Inc. under the AT&T brand and not by AT&T Inc.
3 Focus is only compatible with microSD cards certified for Windows Phone 7.
4 Battery power consumption depends on factors such as network configuration, signal strength, operating temperature, features selected, vibrate mode, backlight settings, browser use, frequency of calls and voice, data and other application usage patterns.
Conditions & restrictions apply. See contract & rate plan brochure for details. Subscriber must live & have a mailing addr. within AT&T’s owned wireless network coverage area. Up to $36 activ. fee applies. Equipment price & avail may vary by mrk & may not be available from independent retailers. Early Termination Fee: None if cancelled in the first 30 days, but up to $35 restocking fee may apply to equipment returns; thereafter up to $325. Some agents impose add’l fees. Smartphone data plan required.