* AT&T* customers can soon purchase two new 4G LTE devices1, the AT&T USBConnect Momentum 4G and AT&T Mobile Hotspot Elevate 4G.
* The AT&T USBConnect Momentum 4G features plug-and-play installation of AT&T Communication Manager and access to AT&T’s entire national Wi-Fi network.2
* The AT&T Mobile Hotspot Elevate 4G includes a 1.77-inch display and connects up to five Wi-Fi enabled devices to the Internet.
* Both devices offer an expandable memory slot that supports microSD cards up to 32 GB and global connectivity with data roaming in more than 200 countries.3
* AT&T plans to launch 4G LTE service in five markets this summer – Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, Houston, and San Antonio - and extend it to at least 15 markets and to cover 70 million Americans by the end of 2011.
With plug-and-play installation that takes about 60 seconds to complete on WindowsAT&T Mobile Hotspot 4G computers, AT&T USBConnect Momentum 4G customers can access 4G LTE speeds, where available, and when out of range have access to AT&T’s nationwide HSPA+ network, delivering 4G speeds when combined with enhanced backhaul. They can also take advantage of unlimited usage on AT&T’s entire national Wi-Fi network if using a post-paid data plan, and manage their connections and data usage with the preloaded AT&T Communication Manager.
The company’s first 4G LTE mobile hotspot device, the AT&T Mobile Hotspot Elevate 4G, allows access to 4G LTE speeds on up to five Wi-Fi enabled devices in select markets. Email, browse, download presentations and more when you’re out and about – without skipping a beat no matter if you are on LTE or AT&T’s nationwide HSPA+ network. With no software to install and an LCD screen to guide you, setting up AT&T Mobile Hotspot is fast and easy. Just power it up and connect your laptop using the Wi-Fi network name and security key displayed on the screen. Easily view device and connection status on the LCD, including battery status, signal strength, and data usage.
In addition to 4G speeds and an expandable memory slot, both Sierra Wireless-manufactured devices support global connectivity in more than 200 countries at international roaming rates.
“AT&T recognizes that customers want a consistent, responsive network performance from major cities to their neighborhood. Our deployment of 4G LTE technology backed by our nationwide HSPA+ network allows us to give customers a superior mobile broadband experience today and for years to come,” said Jeff Bradley, senior vice president, Devices, AT&T Mobility and Consumer Markets. “As we begin to roll out our 4G LTE network this year, AT&T customers will be able to choose from several new LTE devices, starting with the AT&T USBConnect Momentum 4G and AT&T Mobile Hotspot Elevate 4G.”
Price and Availability
AT&T will begin selling the AT&T USBConnect Momentum 4G in black and silver for $49.99 with two-year contract after a $50 mail-in-rebate. The AT&T Mobile Hotspot Elevate 4G will be available in black for $69.99 with 2-year contract and after a $50 mail-in rebate. AT&T expects both devices will be available this summer online and in company-owned retail stores.