|Motorola Solutions Brings First Commercial Release of Standards-based LTE Technology to Public Safety|
Posted: 24-Oct-2011 [Source: Motorola Solutions]
[Motorola Solutions announces the commercial release of Motorola Public Safety LTE in alliance with Ericsson and Verizon Wireless.]
Chicago -- Motorola Solutions, Inc. (NYSE:MSI - News), a leader in the development of Public Safety Long Term Evolution (LTE) networks devices, applications and services, today announced the commercial release of Motorola Public Safety LTE with shipments beginning on Nov. 11, 2011. Motorola’s successful alliances with Ericsson, the global market leader in carrier LTE networks, and Verizon Wireless, the provider of the fastest, most advanced 4G mobile network in America, have resulted in this standards-based solution that provides the foundation for next generation public safety communications. Combined with a complete suite of Public Safety LTE services that span planning, integration, support and hosting, Motorola is helping to accelerate broadband multimedia capabilities in public safety.
* Motorola’s Public Safety LTE provides an end-to-end LTE solution built for public safety broadband with devices, applications, networks and services.
* This Public Safety LTE solution will support a host of public safety applications such as Motorola’s PremierOne™ and other computer-aided dispatch (CAD), real-time video streaming, tactical collaboration, dynamic mapping and routing, and in-field reporting as well as push-to-talk and voice telephony.
* Our commercial release of Public Safety LTE offers fully tested and operational devices including Motorola’s recently announced Public Safety LTE vehicular modem (VML700) and USB data modem (UM1000).
* Because Motorola understands the importance of prioritizing network traffic in support of critical operations, this first release of Public Safety LTE will prioritize bandwidth on standards-based LTE depending on the responder’s agency, role and applications being used.
* The Motorola and Ericsson strategic alliance enables LTE technology to be used in mission-critical communications. As the undisputed leader in LTE development and standardization, Ericsson provides LTE radio access and packet core networks with field-proven stability, throughput, and latency – key factors for Public Safety workers.
* The Ericsson LTE eNodeB equipment, RBS 6000, included in Motorola’s Public Safety LTE solution complies with 3GPP Release 9, exceeding the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) and Public Safety Communications Research Program (PSCR) mandate of 3GPP Release 8.
* The Motorola and Verizon Wireless alliance will enable first responders to realize connectivity to their services on both the Motorola Public Safety LTE network and nationwide Verizon Wireless’ 3G/4G network.
* Motorola has publicly announced three Public Safety LTE projects: San Francisco Bay Area; Harris County, Texas; and the state of Mississippi.
Back to Headlines...