|Samsung Illusion™ From Verizon Wireless|
Posted: 23-Nov-2011 [Source: Verizon Wireless]
[The Illusion will be available for free with a new two-year customer agreement between Thursday, Nov. 24 and Monday, Nov. 28 as an online promotion.]
Basking Ridge, NJ -- Verizon Wireless and Samsung Telecommunications America (Samsung Mobile) announce the Samsung Illusion™ will be available online at www.verizonwireless.com beginning Nov. 23 for $79.99 with a new two-year customer agreement. The Illusion will be available for free with a new two-year customer agreement between Thursday, Nov. 24 and Monday, Nov. 28 as an online promotion.
The sophisticated Samsung Illusion smartphone features a sleek form factor and is powered by the nation's most reliable 3G wireless network. The Illusion boasts a 1 GHz Samsung Hummingbird Application Processor, 3.0-megapixel camera, HTML Web browser, music player and integrated contacts, calendar and social networking applications, as well as access to more than 300,000 apps available to download from Android Market™.
* Android 2.3™ Gingerbread – support for Google Mobile™ Services including Gmail™, YouTube™, Google Talk™, Google Search™ and Google Maps™
* SWYPE™ Technology – input text faster and in a more intuitive way with one continuous finger motion across the screen keyboard
* Corporate email support for Microsoft Office Exchange® – customers can synchronize corporate email, contacts and calendars from their office email
* Full suite of messaging options, including text, picture and video messaging
* Mobile Hotspot capability – share 3G connection with up to five Wi-Fi-enabled devices
* 6-axis accelerometer with compass
* Bluetooth® 3.0 technology – support for headset, hands-free, stereo, phonebook access and object push for vCard and vCalendar
* Wi-Fi Connectivity 802.11 a/b/g/n
* microSD™ card slot with support for up to 32 GB (2 GB pre-installed)
Additional features – Designed with the environment in mind:
* Underwriters Laboratories (UL) Platinum Rating – the Samsung Illusion scored 84 out of 119 points to receive the "Platinum" UL rating
* Rear casing and battery cover are made from 70 percent post-consumer material and 35 percent of the front casing is post-consumer material
* Packaging made from bleach-free paper (post-consumer waste) and printed with vegetable ink
* Box material uses 60 percent recycled paper (post-consumer waste)
* High-efficiency charger with full-charge alarm
* The Samsung Illusion will be available online at www.verizonwireless.com on Nov. 23 , and will be available in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores in January 2012 .
* Customers that purchase a Samsung Illusion smartphone will need to subscribe to a Verizon Wireless Nationwide Talk plan beginning at $39.99 for monthly access and a smartphone data package starting at $30 monthly access for 2 GB of data.
Back to Headlines...