TELUS Mobility and Research In Motion today announced the availability of the new BlackBerry 7520 - powered by Mike, available from TELUS Mobility in Canada.
Featuring Global Positioning System (GPS) capabilities that support location-based services such as fleet management, the BlackBerry 7520(TM) is ideal for mobile professionals who need the instant-contact power of Mike's Direct Connect walkie talkie service, combined with the enormous productivity benefits associated with GPS.
"As the only Canadian carrier offering the powerful combination of BlackBerry integrated with Mike's Direct Connect walkie talkie service, GPS and Bluetooth(R), the BlackBerry 7520 demonstrates TELUS Mobility's commitment to providing our business clients with the most powerful wireless tools available," said Robert Blumenthal, TELUS Mobility's Vice President, Products and Services.
The Mike Network and the BlackBerry 7520 integrate digital phone, Mike's Direct Connect service, e-mail and other wireless services in a single, compact handset. Thanks to the instant-contact power of Direct Connect, Mike has become the wireless network of choice for businesses across Canada, ranging from small business users to national enterprise and government clients.
Mike clients can use Direct Connect to instantly stay in touch with any other Mike users' right across North America. TELUS plans to expand Mike phone and Direct Connect service into Mexico and South America later this year.
In addition to GPS, the BlackBerry 7520 features:
- Bluetooth support for wireless headsets, earpieces and car kits
- Enhanced attachment viewing for viewing and storing JPG, BMP, GIF, PNG and TIFF files and saving images directly from attachments for easy viewing
- Memory increased to 32 MB flash memory plus 4 MB SRAM to provide ample storage for data and applications
- Full wireless PIM synchronization that enables automatic wireless synchronization of calendar, contacts, notes and tasks(i)
- Bright, backlit color screen (supports over 65,000 colors) for viewing information at-a-glance with variable backlight intensity
- Powerful mobile applications supported by new Java(TM) Development Environment for BlackBerry v4.0
- Design enhancements such as a larger keypad, scratch-resistant metal bezel and exclusive Arctic Black colour
For corporate clients, BlackBerry Enterprise Server(TM) software tightly integrates with Microsoft Exchange, Novell GroupWise or IBM Lotus Domino and works with existing enterprise systems to allow secure, push-based, wireless access to e-mail and other corporate data.
For individuals and smaller businesses, BlackBerry Internet Service(TM) allows users to access up to 10 corporate and/or personal e-mail accounts (including Microsoft Exchange, IBM Lotus Domino, Novell GroupWise and many popular ISP e-mail accounts) from a single device without the need for server software.