Pantech, a leading Korean cell phone manufacturer, has launched a biometric cell phone that leverages the full Power of Touch from AuthenTec - providing users with advanced security and the broadest range of innovative new features and functions controlled by the simple swipe of your finger.
Pantech has added AuthenTec's EntrePad AES2510 fingerprint sensor to its new PCK-6000 phone, an advanced multi-function phone that is available through KTF, one of Korea's largest service providers. The EntrePad AES2510 is the industry's most proven fingerprint slide sensor, used in millions of wireless devices worldwide.
Some of the unique features and functions that the sensor enables on the new Pantech phone include:
* Security to restrict access to contact lists, photos and sensitive stored data.
* Multi-finger speed dialing of favorite numbers - instantly dials up to 10 numbers by swiping a different finger across the sensor.
* Finger controlled text messaging - stores and instantly creates up to 10 different text messages based on the finger used.
* Easy touch picture viewing - views 10 favorite pictures from your stored photo album at the swipe of your fingers.
* Fortune telling - tells user's life fortune based on their 10 fingerprints.
The sensor also plays a key role in protecting the phone's revolutionary m-commerce and wireless banking capabilities. The phone features KTF's K-merce service, Korea's first-ever wired and wireless integrated service brand to enable e-transactions. K-merce has revolutionized the wireless data market, while bringing customers greater convenience. The service enables subscribers to conduct a wide range of financial e-transactions from their mobile phone, including wireless credit card transactions, wireless Internet banking, shopping, and obtaining discount coupons and reservations.
* Stocks - providing current prices of stocks, charts, information analysis; and enables users to buy and sell stocks as well.
* Banking - conducting basic banking like balance inquiry and money transfers via affiliations with 21 domestic banks.
* e-Wallet - enables e-commerce via secure and convenient wired and wireless Internet based on previously registered payment information.
* Mobile Payment - allows online/offline payment by combining transportation, fair payment card, and credit card on the mobile phone.
* Lottery - wireless e-Lottery service.
* Reservations - provides convenient and economical reservation service for movies, performances, travel and more.
* Shopping - new shopping concept without limitation of time or space (wireless integrated shopping mall).
* Coupon - customers get discount benefits when they purchase tickets and goods with a mobile barcode coupon downloaded from their mobile phone.
* Merchandise coupon - customers can purchase goods with a merchandise coupon in their mobile handsets and send gifts to others.
"Biometrics plays a critical role in making the Pantech PCK-6000 phone more secure, easy to use, and fun for our customers," said Dahyun Oh, of Pantech's Product Planning Team, "We selected AuthenTec's sensor because of its proven security, convenience, and ability to provide a broad range of features and functions that our customers want."