Sprint today announced plans to be the first carrier to offer the Sprint Power Vision(SM) Smart Device Treo(TM) 700P by Palm - the latest PDA/Phone combo to deliver broadband-like download speeds of Sprint Mobile Broadband Services operating on the Sprint Power Vision Network(1). Sprint has the largest mobile broadband network of any carrier today and is expected to extend its leadership role to reach an estimated 190 million people nationwide and in Puerto Rico by year end and concurrently implement second-generation upgrades to bring additional mobility benefits to users in 1Q 2007. The Treo 700P will be available at the end of May at Sprint Stores, Sprint business channels and online at www.sprint.com at $399.99 after available discounts and promotions.
Ideal for customers who want to extend their workplace and stay connected for personal needs, the Treo 700P builds upon the success of earlier models offering enhancements in several areas including broadband-like download speeds, an enhanced Blazer Web browser and an updated Palm OS (version 5.4.9). Sprint is enabling the Treo 700P with flexible connectivity options like phone-as-modem that takes advantage of the devices capability to be used with a laptop to provide high-speed data access. Sprint is also expected to be the only wireless carrier to offer live TV capabilities - via Sprint TV - on the Treo 700P at launch.
The Treo 700P allows Sprint customers to do more in more places and provide a powerful productivity and entertainment experience. Features include:
* Support for Sprint Mobile Broadband Service on the nation's largest mobile broadband network.
* Support for Sprint TV(SM) - Emmy-award winning service providing more than 50 channels of video and audio for TV on the go, including live TV with full motion video and vivid sound.
* Support for On Demand - retrieve personalized information for local news, sports, weather, movies and more.
* Support for Sprint PCS Picture Mail(SM), Messaging, Games, Ringers, Screensavers
* Email and Web capable
* Phone as modem capability
* Palm OS organizer
* Bluetooth Wireless technology
* 1.3 megapixel digital camera with video capabilities
* Built-in MP3 player
* 128 MB Memory - (60 MB available for end user storage)
* Enhanced attachment capabilities - Documents to Go (version 8.0) including a new PDF viewer
* Voice memo application
For content, the Treo 700P has access to Sprint downloadable games, ringers, screensavers and other Palm OS productivity and entertainment applications applied directly on a customer's Sprint bill.