ibJab, a digital comedy network, and Verizon Wireless have teamed up with renowned comedy film director John Landis to produce six laugh-out-loud short films featuring the best up-and-coming sketch comedians in the country for the Great Sketch Experiment contest. The six funny videos competing in the Great Sketch Experiment are available as of today for free at JibJab.com or on Verizon Wireless' V CAST service in the V CAST Showcase channel.
The winner of the Great Sketch Experiment, sponsored by JibJab Media Inc., will receive a $10,000 development deal with JibJab and have their performance featured on Verizon Wireles' V CAST service. Viewers can vote for their favorite video online at www.jibjab.com through November 16.
"The Internet has given new talent a way to reach directly to the public," said John Landis, Hollywood film director. "It is an exciting and ever-evolving new medium and I am happy to have been given the chance by JibJab to meet and work with fresh young talent."
The six finalists in the Great Sketch Experiment come from across the country and include:
* Karla -- Marion Austin Oberle and Megan Kellie (Los Angeles)
* Elephant Larry -- Alexander Zalben, Stefan Lawrence, Chris Principe, Jeff Solomon and Geoff Haggerty (New York)
* Riegel & Blatt -- Sam Riegel and Rob Blatt (New York)
* Mark & Ari -- Mark Sarian and Ari Voukydis (New York)
* Famous Last Nerds -- Erik Weiner and Jordan Allen Dutton (San Francisco)
* Train of Thought -- John Boyle, Ryan Miller and Kaci Aitchison (Seattle)
The Great Sketch Experiment initially brought together 50 comedy troupes from across the country to compete for one of six slots to have their short films directed by John Landis, who has worked with comedy icons like John Belushi, Dan Aykroyd, Eddie Murphy and many others.
"Working with a master director like John Landis has been a dream come true," said Gregg and Evan Spiridellis, co-founders of JibJab. "The Great Sketch Experiment is just the beginning of what is on the horizon. We plan on making JibJab a platform for discovering the world's best up-and-coming comedy talent."