Palm, Inc. today announced that on Feb. 25 - March 1 it will be demonstrating mobile solutions to more than 24,000 healthcare technology decision-makers at the Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS) conference at the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center, booth No. 221, in New Orleans. Palm will showcase Windows Mobile and Palm OS based Treo 700 series smartphones, as well as Palm OS based Treo 680 smartphones, with featured healthcare applications from Palm's third-party developer network.
Palm has a longstanding commitment to the healthcare industry and is taking the lead in helping healthcare providers make the move to mobile technology to improve efficiencies, reduce costs, improve the quality of care, and reduce medical errors.
Palm's booth will feature hands-on demonstrations of healthcare solutions on Treo smartphones, such as the following:
* UpToDate for mobile access to current information within medical specialties on a wide variety of disorders and current options for diagnosis, management and therapy, including effectiveness, dosage, and interactions of individual drugs;
* McKesson's Horizon Mobile Care Rounding solution for clinical reference systems that provide educational materials addressing an extensive range of medical conditions, procedures and treatments using easy-to-understand language and detailed illustrations;
* Tolven ePHR for enabling consumers and their healthcare providers to wirelessly and securely access personal health records on a Treo smartphone(1);
* IQMax for mobile dictation, access to clinical results, multimedia decision support and patient charge capture on secure mobile devices; and
* Nuance Communications' Nuance Voice Control standard platform with a custom add-on application, which gives healthcare workers access to medication, lab results, patient status, and other pertinent patient information via a Treo smartphone.
Palm will formally introduce its "Designed for Palm Products" program to the healthcare community at HIMSS and will be accepting membership applications at the booth. As part of the Palm Developer Program, application developers have an opportunity to be awarded the "Designed for Palm Products" logo, which enables developers to extend brand value through the Palm brand. As a result, customers have greater confidence in their purchases knowing that these developer solutions deliver on Palm's high standards of excellence. Successful completion also makes the developer solution eligible for premium product promotion and sale through various Palm stores.
Palm's mobile healthcare solutions extend beyond the HIMSS demonstration booth to a number of decision-makers at leading healthcare provider institutions across the United States. In its largest healthcare trial program to date, Palm is putting Treo smartphones directly in the hands of healthcare providers, giving them a chance to try out devices prior to making a purchasing decision.