Customers who want a stylish multimedia phone, advanced services and the power to instantly communicate using industry-leading walkie-talkie services are able to get all of these capabilities in a single handset -- the Motorola Deluxe ic902. As the newest PowerSource phone from Sprint, the Motorola Deluxe ic902 utilizes the Nextel National Network (iDEN) for walkie-talkie services and the Sprint Nationwide Network (CDMA) for voice and data services and is the first in this category of unique devices to support Power Vision capabilities and other key features including:
* Nextel Walkie-Talkie service - best-in-class walkie-talkie service that instantly connects users to all other Nextel Walkie-Talkie users - across town, the country and even across borders to Latin America and Canada. Includes support for advanced walkie-talkie features including Direct Talk(SM), the off-network Walkie-Talkie service; Group Connect; and Direct Send.
* Increased data speeds - Sprint Mobile Broadband Network delivers increased data speeds via EV-DO Rev. 0 technology.
* Built-in 2.0 megapixel camera - supports Sprint Picture Mail for capturing and sharing important business or personal images.*
* Sprint Music Store(SM) - allows users to browse and wirelessly download full-length songs directly to their phone for only 99 cents each with a Power Vision data plan.*
* Sprint TV(SM) - delivers more than 50 channels of live television and on-demand video and audio.*
* Bluetooth Stereo** - enables hands-free communication with a wireless stereo earpiece or transmit data wirelessly from a compatible Bluetooth-Enabled device (up to 30 feet).
* MP3 player - heightens productivity and entertainment; listen to music, audio files or podcasts.
* Micro SD slot - stores songs, video, and pictures to a removable micro SD (transflash) memory card, which can be easily transferred to a PC with included SD adapter and USB adapter. 128MB micro SDTM included.
* OnDemand - retrieve customized, up-to-date web content such as Sports, Weather, News, Money and Movie Information with the push of a button.*
The Motorola Deluxe ic902 will utilize both of Sprint's networks depending upon the service being used. For walkie-talkie services, the handset will operate on the Nextel National Network (iDEN) giving customers the ability to instantly connect with more than 20 million Nextel Walkie-Talkie users coast to coast. Customers can also use walkie-talkie service in and between up to five countries (Argentina, Brazil, Canada, Mexico and Peru) on the world's largest walkie-talkie network. The Motorola Deluxe ic902 also supports Direct Talk for short-range off-network walkie-talkie conversations between users with other Direct Talk-capable Nextel phones. Sprint is the pioneer with over 13 years experience in the walkie-talkie market and continues to provide customers with sub-second latency, innovative features and international coverage for the power to get things done instantly with Nextel Walkie-Talkie service.
Sprint voice and PowerVision data services are delivered via the Sprint National and Mobile Broadband Networks, reaching over 262 and 200 million people respectively in the United States. The Motorola Deluxe ic902 is the first PowerSource phone from Sprint to support PowerVision services, giving customer access to productivity-enhancing data speeds and entertainment services like music (standard Vision charges apply). The Sprint Music Store offers a growing selection of more than 1.6 million songs from virtually every genre and provides customers two copies of each song - one for the phone and another for the PC, as well as the ability to burn songs to a CD using Windows Media Player.
The Motorola Deluxe ic902 also features Bluetooth Stereo capabilities for pairing with compatible headsets and other devices as well as an integrated MP3 player with the ability to enjoy MP3s, audio files and audio podcasts. Multimedia files are easily stored on the included 128MB microSDTM removable memory card. The Motorola Deluxe ic902 weighs only 4.8 ounces and is less than one inch thick. It also has a vibrant color screen and external display so customers can see who is calling.
The Motorola Deluxe ic902 supports (SM)S text messaging and is GPS-enabled for navigation, including support for TeleNav*. Sprint has the longest history in the industry with location-based services delivering the first GPS-enabled phone to support E911 services and the first navigation service on mobile phones with turn-by-turn voice-guided directions in 2003. Sprint is the #1 wireless provider of GPS solutions.
The Motorola Deluxe ic902 is available from Sprint for a suggested retail price of $489.99 and as low as $299.99 with a two-year service agreement and $40 mail-in-rebate. The Motorola Deluxe ic902 joins the growing portfolio of Sprint PowerSource phones which also includes the Motorola BuzzTM ic502 and the Motorola BlendTM ic402.
Customers using any PowerSource phone can view coverage information for both the Nextel National Network and the Sprint Nationwide Network at www.sprint.com/coverage. Sprint plans to offer additional phones utilizing both the Nextel National Network and the Sprint Nationwide Network nationwide later in 2007. For more information about the ic902 visit www.sprint.com.
*All features, functionality and other product specifications are subject to change without notice or obligation. Airtime, data charges, and/or additional charges may apply.
**This device supports Bluetooth Generic Access, Serial Port, Service Discovery Application, Hands-free, Headset, Dial-up Networking, and Generic Object Exchange profiles. In order for Bluetooth devices to communicate with one another, they must utilize the same Bluetooth profile. To determine the profiles supported by other Motorola devices, visit www.hellomoto.com/bluetooth. For other devices, contact their respective manufacturer.
***Environment and terrain may impact range and availability.
This phone will only: (1) work with Nextel and Sprint services' service plans, data services and other services/options must be purchased separately; and (2) operate within the Sprint CDMA frequency band of 1.9 GHz for voice calling and data services and 800 MHz Nextel iDEN frequency band for Nextel Walkie-Talkie services.