ADC today announced the expansion of its FlexWave(tm) product portfolio with the addition of the new FlexWave Universal Radio Head (URH) that will be on display at the PCIA Wireless Infrastructure Show, October 2-3, at the Rosen Shingle Creek Hotel in Orlando, Fla., Booth #114. In addition, ADC's wireless solutions will be featured on the DAS Forum's Center Stage at the show.
The FlexWave URH is a next-generation radio head serving traditional Distributed Antenna System (DAS) applications and emerging remote radio head needs, serving today's 2G and 3G applications, as well as emerging 4G offerings such as WiMAX in user-defined combinations from a single radio head. The FlexWave URH offers industry-leading flexibility, scalability and ease of use.
ADC also will participate in three panel discussions at the show on Thursday, October 4.
* Distributed Antenna Systems Issues Under a Microscope, from 8:30 a.m. to 9:45 a.m., will cover the future of DAS and look at how the technology is perceived in the wireless industry.
* Inside In-building: Trends in the In-building Market, from 10 a.m. to 11:15 a.m., will discuss how to accommodate advanced wireless services that demand robust in-building coverage with carrier-grade performance.
* Super Session -- Distributed Antenna System (DAS) Technology, from 2:30 p.m. to 3:45 p.m., is a high-level review of DAS technologies, such as optical fiber and short range systems, and the advantages and limitations of each.
"ADC's wireless coverage and capacity offerings help service providers deliver consistent, reliable wireless service in high-demand and hard-to-reach locations," said Hilton Nicholson, president of the Active Infrastructure Business Unit at ADC. "Our broad range of solutions provides higher network reliability and consistent performance, resulting in increased revenue, lower churn and improved customer satisfaction. FlexWave offers an integrated solution for today's multiple frequency and protocols environment, providing superior flexibility to address current wireless applications, as well as a migration path to next-generation networks.
ADC wireless products featured at the show include:
* FlexWave Universal Radio Head (URH): A next-generation coverage and capacity solution that supports traditional RF-fed DAS deployments as well as standards-based CPRI and OBSAI Remote Radio Head deployments. The FlexWave URH can support multiple frequency bands in a single radio head and offers flexible, scalable solutions to fit various applications from dense urban centers to dense suburban areas, from campuses to in-building applications, as well as subways and tunnels. Building upon ADC's proven Digital RF technologies, the FlexWave URH offers service providers unparalleled performance and flexibility to cost effectively deploy services in an ever-expanding wireless protocol and frequency environment with solutions for 2G, 3G and 4G networks.
* FlexWave Millimeter Wave (MMW): Supporting the FlexWave product family, the FlexWave MMW provides an integrated, cost-effective, high-performing, Gigabit wireless alternative to fiber. The MMW is point-to-point millimeter wave transmission system that operates in licensed 71GHz to 86GHz spectrum and provides fiber-speed, wireless line of sight (LOS) communications links within a 1-6 km range. Providing a fronthaul link to the FlexWave URH, the FlexWave MMW offers the service provider a unique alternative to quickly deploy services where needed. In addition, the MMW delivers a 1.25GbE wireless Ethernet data pipeline for enterprise backhaul offering a terrestrial fiber equivalent performance, reliability and security, without the high deployment costs associated with outdoor fiber installation.
* Digivance(R) Indoor Coverage Solution (ICS): The ICS's digital transport maintains superior signal quality even over long-distance fiber runs. The product's customizable plug-in transceiver design lowers initial installation costs and allows for a pay-as-you-grow approach to indoor coverage. This product's high dynamic range increases capability for data throughput, providing higher data rate broadband services.
* ADC In-Building Wireless Repeaters: These new in-building wireless repeaters are powerful and cost-effective solutions to enhance indoor coverage for small to medium-size enterprise environments. These simple-to-use devices are optimal for augmenting RF coverage in facilities such as small office buildings, retail stores and warehouses. These repeaters feature a compact design, blend easily into any facility, and are easy to set up through a simple GUI interface. These devices offer the flexibility to program band selection and optimize alarm and performance settings as desired. The repeaters may also be used in conjunction with a distributed antenna system (DAS).