T-Mobile USA, Inc., today announces the upcoming availability of the T-Mobile Shadow -- the first phone in a planned franchise of phones under the Shadow brand, a name that will become synonymous with playful, easier and richer communications experiences offered only by T-Mobile.
Available beginning October 31, the T-Mobile Shadow is designed to significantly reduce the complexity often associated with many feature-rich devices, while maintaining all the powerful calling, messaging and picture sharing capabilities people crave to keep them connected.
"We're calling the new line of devices 'Shadow' because they're designed to help people stay effortlessly connected with those who are closest to them -- the people you would choose to have with you all the time if possible -- the people you love checking in with during a hectic day or to share special news," said Robert Dotson, president and CEO, T-Mobile USA. "Shadow finally makes staying connected to people simple, fun and easy -- and all without the hassle of using a complicated device. This is not a productivity tool. This phone is designed for people who have lives beyond work."
For years, T-Mobile has been pioneering new products and services designed to reduce the complexity of staying connected to important people. This effort began years ago with the introduction of the T-Mobile Sidekick family of devices, designed to make calling, texting and instant messaging much easier just as young adults were beginning to embrace these new forms of communication. In 2006, T-Mobile continued this work with the introduction of myFaves, a service that offers unlimited nationwide calling and one-click communications access to the people who are most important to you.(1) The myFaves service was introduced simultaneously with the introduction of T-Mobile's new "stick together" brand promise, a commitment by the company to focus laser-like on making it much easier and richer to stay connected with the people who matter most.
The T-Mobile Shadow helps people effortlessly connect through the phone's innovative design and screamingly simple user interface. T-Mobile teamed with HTC, the designer and manufacturer, to eloquently integrate the phone's form and function. This focused effort resulted in an unmatched communications experience that strips out the complexity of traditional multi-function phones -- so people don't have to wrestle with technology -- and makes it more intuitive for customers to explore and try new ways to communicate.
"We partnered exclusively with T-Mobile to help them deliver a deep communications experience that is built around the customer," said Peter Chou, president and CEO, HTC. "In both form and function, the T-Mobile Shadow delivers an unmistakable commitment to enhancing personal relationships."
Highlighting the phone's distinct features and its complete ease of use, the T-Mobile Shadow offers:(1)
* An enhanced myFaves functionality that allows even more flexibility and ways to communicate and connect. Through this experience customers can now call, send an e-mail, text or instant message, and share a picture, video or voice note, all with a push of the button right from the myFaves home screen.
* An enhanced user-interface integrated with the Microsoft Windows Mobile 6 platform.
* A sleek, slider design, and a spin navigation wheel that make it a breeze to scroll through the polished user interface, myFaves icons, and other core phone features.
* One of the largest, most-radiant screens on any T-Mobile phone. When combined with its high-quality, 2.0-megapixel digital camera with video capture, it enables customers to record and share those special moments in vibrant ways. Plus, a multimedia player provides a convenient way to listen to and share favorite music and video.
* An array of lights and sounds that differentiate one function from another, whether you're receiving an e-mail, picture message or calendar appointment notification.
* Wi-Fi and EDGE-enabled high-speed Internet access to power Web surfing so that connecting to your favorite social networking site is quick and easy.
* A reminder feature, so customers need never forget another friend's or family member's birthday or anniversary with the ability to set reminders for these important days in the lives of their 'fave five.'
* T-Mobile Address Book that lets customers easily import contact information from Yahoo!, Gmail, Microsoft Outlook and other e-mail services onto their phone using my.t-mobile.com, and automatically back up their phone's address book online.
The T-Mobile Shadow will be available in two fashionable tones -- copper and sage. It will be available exclusively to T-Mobile customers beginning Oct. 31 at T-Mobile retail stores and online at www.t-mobile.com. Customers can learn more about the T-Mobile Shadow, including in-depth features information, at www.t-mobile.com/shadow.
(1) myFaves allows unlimited nationwide calling to any five U.S. numbers (restrictions and exclusions apply). Use of certain features of a myFaves-enabled device requires purchase of a T-Mobile myFaves rate plan, and separate charges apply for some services and features, including email, text, picture and other messages, and Internet usage. See www.t-mobile.com for information about charges, rate plans, terms and conditions, and restrictions.