Qualcomm Incorporated (Nasdaq: QCOM - News), a leading developer and innovator of advanced wireless technologies and data solutions, today introduced three new 45 nm single-chip solutions designed to enable mass-market smartphones with an unsurpassed range of capabilities. The QSC7230(TM) for HSPA+ devices, QSC7830(TM) for CDMA2000 1xEV-DO Rev. B devices, and multi-mode QSC7630(TM) for both HSPA+ and EV-DO Rev. B, all feature the highest levels of integration in the wireless industry today and deliver support for third-party operating systems. These three single-chip solutions are the fifth generation of dual-core solutions from Qualcomm, comprising the next evolution of the Company's MSM7xxx-series dual-core chipsets.
The products offer the most advanced cellular modem technologies, a multi-band RF transceiver supporting all frequency bands worldwide, an ARM11 application processor running up to 600 MHz, Bluetooth 2.1 EDR, FM radio and GPS -- all in a single 12x12 package. Additionally, the three chipsets feature new power-saving innovations to deliver more than 80 hours of music playback, a full day of talk time, and more than a month of standby time.
"Our new single-chip solutions offer the highest levels of integration with the most advanced modem technologies available in the wireless industry today," said Dr. Sanjay K. Jha, chief operating officer of Qualcomm and president of Qualcomm CDMA Technologies. "We are building on the success of our dual-core chipsets to allow our customers to quickly deliver next-generation, lower-cost smartphones that can feature an exceptional range of capabilities, thereby helping to grow the smartphone market as a whole."
The QSC7230 supports UMTS Release 7 (HSPA+) and Cat. 9 UMTS for 10.2 Mbps HSDPA and 5.76 Mbps HSUPA data speeds. The QSC7830 supports EV-DO Rev. B for up to 14.7 Mbps on the downlink and 5.4 Mbps on the uplink. The QSC7630 supports both EV-DO Rev. B and HSPA+. All three products feature full backward compatibility to previous-generation networks, as well as:
* ARM11 applications processor running at up to 600MHz
* Support for 5 megapixel camera, VGA display resolution and TV-out
* Support for third-party operating systems such as Windows Mobile and Linux
* 45 nm CMOS process technology
* 2D and 3D hardware-accelerated graphics
* Fully integrated GPS, FM radio and Bluetooth, eliminating the need for many external components
* Integrated support for worldwide cellular frequency bands
* For CDMA2000: 450MHz, 700MHz, 800MHz, J-800MHz, 850MHz, 1500MHz, AWS, KPCS 1.8GHz, 1.9GHz, 2.1GHz, 2.5GHz
* For UMTS: 700MHz, 800MHz, 850MHz, 900MHz, 1500MHz, AWS, 1800MHz, 1900MHz, 2.1MHz, 2.6GHz
* 4-band EGPRS support in 900MHz, 1800MHz, 850MHz, 1900MHz
* 12mm x 12mm package size
The QSC solutions are scheduled to sample in the fourth quarter of 2008.