Today's announcement sees Sony Ericsson putting gaming at the heart of its latest phone release. Targeted firmly at a youth audience, the F305 with Motion Gaming lets users control games with the flick of a wrist or the swing of an arm, and then see the results straightaway on the screen. Using advanced motion sensor technology, the phone can, for example, follow your actions to imitate bowling or casting a fishing line.
With the F305 your favourite game is only one-click away. Enjoy the full gaming experience with stereo speakers, which also come in handy for sharing the latest track on the media player. Add a 2.0" screen into this pocket-sized slider phone and the F305 takes playing games on your mobile to a whole new level.
To complement the F305 there is also now a handy new accessory available for the serious gamer. Although the F305 gives you up to 8 hours of gameplay, there is always now a back-up with the Power Pack CPP-100. Attach it to your keyring and when you need it, simply plug it into the phone to receive an instant battery power boost.
The F305 is about more than just gaming. Slide it open and find it packed with the latest Sony Ericsson features. Never miss a fun or unexpected moment with the phones 2.0 megapixel camera. Share your photos or music with friends via Bluetooth or Memory Stick Micro (M2). It will also be possible to change the look of your phone with Style-up covers - two covers to choose from in box.
The new F305 with Motion Gaming - Fun and entertainment on the move
* Motion Gaming with three preloaded motion games, "Bowling", "Bass fishing" and "Jockey" - encounter gaming in a completely new way
* Additional motion games developed by Gameloft plus 50 more 2D and 3D games available for download at PlayNow.
* Loud stereo speakers - enhance your gaming experience or share the latest music with friends
* Horizontal game play and dedicated gaming keys - play games the way you want
* 2.0 megapixel camera and Bluetooth - a complete media experience
* Expandable memory - Memory Stick Micro (M2) slot.
The F305 with Motion Gaming will be available in Polar White and Mystic Black in selected markets from Q3 2008. It will be a Quad-Band EDGE phone supporting 850, 900, 1800 and 1900 frequency bands.
Power Pack CPP-100 will be available in selected markets from Q4 2008
F305 with Motion Gaming - At a glance
Gaming and Entertainment
* Motion gaming
* Horizontal gaming mode
* Cross key + Dedicated gaming buttons
* Gaming shortcut key
* 3D games
* Stereo speakers
* Java MIDP 2.0
* Media player
* MP3/AAC/AAC+/ eAAC+
* Stereo FM radio
* Bluetooth stereo (A2DP)
* 2.0 megapixel camera
* 2.0" 176 x 220 TFT display
* WAP 2.0 xHTML
Communication & Messaging
* Picture messaging (MMS)
* Predictive text input
* Sound recorder
* Text messaging (SMS)
* Style-up covers, two provided in box
* Bluetooth technology
* USB mass storage
* Phone book
* Colour matched Stereo Headset HPM-60
* Wrist strap
* User guide
* Spare back cover
Power Pack CPP-100
Instant boost to your battery
Design Collection IDC-21
Protect your phone in style
Stereo Bluetooth Headset HBH-DS220
Enjoy wireless music without missing a call.
M2 USB Adapter CCR-70
Transfer, store and share the content of your Memory Stick Micro (M2)
Facts and Figures
Size: 96 x 47 x 14.6 mm
Weight: 97.5 grams
Resolution: 176 x 220 TFT display (262,144 colours)
Size: 2.0 inches
Phone memory: Up to 10MB
Memory Stick Micro (M2) support
Talk time GSM: Up to 8 hrs
Standby time GSM: Up to 400 hrs
Availability and versions
Available in selected markets from Q3 2008.
1) Facts and features may vary depending on local variant.
2) Talk and standby times are affected by network preferences, type of SIM card, connected accessories and various activities e.g. games. Kit contents and colour options may differ from market to market. The full range of accessories may not be available in every market.