Pantech Wireless has announced the national availability of Microsoft’s Windows Mobile 6.1 operating system on all new Pantech duo handsets running on AT&T’s network. The upgrade is also available free to existing AT&T customers owning a Pantech duo via an easy Web download located at http://www.pantechusa.com/web/guest/support/att/duo.
Among the list of exciting upgrades to the user experience for both business and consumer customers, Pantech duo owners now enjoy a more efficient use of key phone features. Improvements include:
* Customizable Home Screen: Sliding panels streamline access to frequently-used phone features, allowing for picture and video viewing, listening to music, and coordinating calendar appointments
* Threaded Text Messaging: SMS text messages are threaded together into a single conversation, so users can view the entire conversation as they type
* Web: Zoom In/Out capabilities provide enhanced Web page viewing
* Support for Enterprise Device Management and Security: Advanced enterprise device management support features sophisticated security settings and simplified access for IT managers
* Productivity: Ability to cut, copy and paste text; auto-fill options for email addresses; select multiple messages in bulk; easily manipulate contacts, calendar and tasks features
* Bluetooth: Seamless pairing of headset to device without pairing code; ability for Bluetooth enabled cars to access phonebook
* Mobile Banking: Perform secure banking transactions with many of the nation's largest banks directly from your handset
“The addition of Windows Mobile 6.1 to the Pantech duo is another example of Pantech’s commitment to improving the mobile experience for our customers,” said Sandy Gomo, Director of Product Management, Pantech Wireless, Inc. “Availability of this update online is part of Pantech’s strategy to protect the investment of loyal Pantech product users. Our continued relationship with AT&T and Microsoft brings customers fun and productive tools to enhance their everyday lives.”
The Pantech duo is available in the U.S. exclusively from AT&T for as low as $79.99.