Motorola Solutions, Inc. (NYSE:MSI - News) introduced the VML700 LTE Vehicle Modem and the UM1000 LTE USB Modem at the APCO Conference in Philadelphia, Pa. Both devices will allow public safety personnel to access a Band Class 14 Public Safety LTE network. The VML700 LTE Vehicle Modem is installed in a patrol car, fire apparatus, or other public safety vehicle to create an in-car network with a broadband connection back to headquarters. The UM1000 USB LTE Modem plugs into a USB port to allow laptops or mobile computers access to a Public Safety LTE network. Both devices deliver on the promise of Next Generation Public Safety, helping bring rich multimedia data to first responders – quickly, reliably and securely.
* Both devices enable broadband connectivity in the field, allowing public safety personnel to access and share large quantities of data and high-quality real-time video – in the field, at the command center and on the road.
* Both devices connect to Public Safety LTE (Band Class 14) networks, giving customers an unmatched combination of high data throughput, prioritization capabilities, security and control.
* The VML700 LTE Vehicle Modem also can connect to EVDO and WiFi networks, giving customers a wide range of additional backhaul options.
* VML700’s ability to connect to a 3G EVDO network makes it possible for customers to maintain their data connections even if they travel outside the coverage of their public safety LTE network.
* VML700’s WiFi functionality also lets a public safety vehicle become a “mobile hot spot” that allows WiFi-capable equipment to make use of a Public Safety LTE network for data backhaul.
* VML700’s built-in GPS enhances personnel safety with vehicle tracking and location-based solutions.
* Built to withstand heat, cold, rain, dust, humidity and vibration, the VML700 LTE Vehicle Modem is a solid-state, rugged device designed for the demanding environments of public safety vehicles.
* UM1000’s USB form factor, compact design and Band Class 14 LTE connectivity allow customers to get the benefit of Public Safety LTE broadband anytime, anywhere and on a wide variety of devices.
* Both devices feature Multiple-In Multiple-Out (MIMO) antenna configurations for enhanced radio performance and high data throughput.