Verizon Wireless and Samsung Telecommunications America (Samsung Mobile) today announced the rugged Samsung Convoy™ 2 is available online at www.verizonwireless.com and will be available in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores in the coming weeks. The Convoy 2 is the ideal companion for adventurous customers.
* Meets Military Specifications 810F standards for shock, low pressure (altitude), low and high temperature, temperature shock, solar radiation, salt fog, humidity, vibration, sand and dust
* Push to Talk–capable for fast two-way communication
* Copy and paste feature for text entry
* Enhanced apps storefront with shopping cart, recommendations, search features and more
* Mobile Email app to send and receive email with text and picture attachments and search through contacts
* Search contents in calendar, contacts, recent calls, messages, menu and multimedia with the phone search feature
* Social networking feature to update statuses on social networks such as Facebook®, MySpace™ and Twitter™
* VZ Navigator® capable – receive audible turn-by-turn directions to millions of points of interest and share the directions with others
* V CAST Video capable
* Bluetooth® version 2.1 capabilities support for headset (mono and stereo), hands-free, dial-up networking, serial port, object push (vCard and iCalendar only), basic image, basic printing and phonebook access
* Full suite of messaging options, including text, picture, video and voice messaging and mobile instant messaging
* HTML Web browser
* Personal organizer with calendar, tip calculator, currency converter, notepad, alarm clock, world clock and stop watch
* Stereo speakers
* Dual microphones with noise cancellation technology
* microSD™ card slot with support for up to 32 GB
* 3.2-megapixel camera with flash
Pricing and data plans:
* The Samsung Convoy 2 is available for $79.99 after a $50 mail in rebate with a new two-year customer agreement. Customers will receive the rebate in the form of a debit card; upon receipt, customers may use the card as cash anywhere debit cards are accepted.
* Verizon Wireless customers can add unlimited Push to Talk for $5 per month, per line to any qualifying nationwide voice plan.
* Samsung Convoy 2 customers will be able to try the Mobile Email app for 10 uses at no additional charge. Customers will be given the option to subscribe to Mobile Email for $5 monthly access after the tenth use.