The Nokia N9, designed for people who appreciate exceptional design and craftsmanship as well as the latest smartphone technology, has begun shipping to customers and stores.
The beautifully designed Nokia N9 features an intuitive user interface that's controlled with a simple swipe. With no home key, there's more room for apps to shine. Three home views - Applications, Events and Live Applications - enable people to navigate through the smartphone easily and get to their favourite content faster. Other features include:
· 3.9-inch AMOLED screenmade from scratch-resistant curved glass
· Easy single-tap pairing with NFC-enabled accessories such as the Nokia Play 360 wireless speaker and sharing of content through NFC technology
· An 8-megapixel Carl Zeiss autofocus sensor and wide-angle lens for HD-quality video and photo capture, and large lens aperture for great camera performance even in low-lighting conditions; easy capture and share of images and videos with social networks
· Mobile Internet radio*, with a great range of music out-of-the-box and no fees or account creation necessary, available for the first time as part of the Nokia Music offering; just press play. And the music sounds even better on the first smartphone to come with Dolby Digital Plus decoding and Dolby Headphone post-processing technology.
· Free turn-by-turn drive and walk navigation with voice-guided maps for more than 100 countries and in more than 50 languages
· Top social networking, communication, entertainment and gaming apps preloaded for a hassle-free out-of-the-box experience
· Global and local apps available through Nokia store for further personalization and new discovery opportunities
The Nokia N9 is available in three colours - black, cyan and magenta with 16GB and 64GB storage options to accommodate plenty of content and will be on sale in countries around the world.
The estimated retail price of the Nokia N9 16GB and 64GB is approximately EUR 480 and EUR 560 before applicable taxes or subsidies, with pricing and availability varying from region to region and operator to operator.
*The availability of Mobile Internet radio ranges from market to market.